Cooked some Halibut for the Hell-of-it! Dieting?-NO. Change of pace?-YES. And my OH MY was it delicious! We purchased Orca Bay frozen halibut with only 3 filets for $16.99. Pretty high, but I tell ya what, when I opened the sealed package, NO FISHY SMELL! After cooked it was flaked to perfection, and the Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip Blend mixed in with the panko made all the difference!
• 1/2 tsp of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip Blend
• 1/4 cup of Plain Panko bread crumbs
• 1 to 1 1/2 TBS of Blood Orange Olive Oil (or traditional)
• 2 4oz Halibut Filets (thawed, or fresh)
• Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven for 375º
- In a small bowl, combine Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip Blend, Panko bread crumbs and 1TBS of Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Spread 1/2 TBS of OV on baking sheet/tin foil.
- Salt and Pepper ‘back side’ of Halibut filets and place on oiled baking sheet.
- For the ‘top’ of the halibut, pack Gnarly-Panko mixture onto of the Halibut.
- Place filets in oven for 8-11 minutes (depending on your desire)
- Switch ‘bake’ oven setting to Broil on high. (Don’t wait for a ready button or anything)
- Broil for 4mins max — just to crisp up Gnarly Panko!
NOTES: Leave Halibut in the oven throughout bake to broil setting.
• Mixed Spring Salad with a citrus dressing (We used Mango Chipotle)
• California Blend veggies — steamed with fresh ground pepper