Serves 2 (assuming your man eats for 2) if not, a little bit of EXTRA left overs never hurt anyone!
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, equal to 1 lb. (THIS I had leftover)
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained, (1 can)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8oz penne
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup buffalo sauce – your preference of amount and heat!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed – (can substitute Whole Milk Plain Greek yogurt for this)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- PRO Tip: Set cream cheese out ahead of time. We want them near room temperature when we add them to the pasta.
- Add the undrained diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Submerge the pasta into the liquid and let it come back up to a boil.
- Cover and let it boil for 10-13 minutes, or until al dente. Refer to box for guidance on cooking time. Don’t cook any more than al dente as we will be keeping it over low heat until the sauce is thickened. Lift the lid and run a silicone spatula underneath the pasta a few times throughout cooking to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick. Test a pasta noodle for doneness before proceeding.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the buffalo sauce, shredded chicken and cubed cream cheese.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and red pepper flakes.
Recipe inspo shout out to: The Cozy Cook