Cauliflower has had its hay day in the ‘pizza crust’ world…but what about its flavorful cousin broccoli? We experimented (without parchment paper — hope you have some!) and what we came up with was pretty damn delicious! BROC ON!
• 2 Tear packets of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip (1 whole packet + 2 tsp)
• 2 medium/small broccoli heads
• 1 small red onion
• 1/2 cup of plain panko crumbs
• 6 TBS of Egg Whites
• 1/2 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
• 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
• Handful of Cherry tomatoes, halved
• Red crushed peppers (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 450º
2. In a large bowl combine: Finely chop broccoli head florets + finely chopped red onion + 1 tear packet of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip + 1/2 cup of plain panko crumbs + 6TBS of egg whites
3. Olive oil your pan — or place parchment paper on pan. Spread mixture out thinly, yet packeted together.
4. Bake at 450º for 30-35 minutes.
5. Mix 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with 2 tsp of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip
6. Remove from oven and switch heat over to HIGH broil.
7. Spread GP Veggie dip on top of baked broccoli-za.
8. Sprinkle shredded cheese and add tomatoes.
9. Broil 4-7 minutes. Sprinkle Red crushed peppers.
10. Serve immediately.
NOTES: Use parchment paper if you have it. Instructions still work decent on baking sheet with OV. Yield could be 4 if you treat the za as a side with chicken, tofu etc.