This recipe if a very slick, easy, unique salad that should be added to your lunch mind-menu. At Gnarly Pepper, we don’t mind the leafy stuff, but it sure is nice to switch things up! The Aroma and flavors that get locked into the chickpeas while cooking is amazing. The dollop of Veggie Dip (with plain greek yogurt) tops it all off!
Yield: 1 (Double/Triple for Dinner salad for 4)
• 1/2 can of Chickpeas
• 6 Cherry Tomatoes
• 3 Jarred Artichoke Hearts
• Red Onion
• feta cheese – crumbled *optional
• 2 cups Fresh Spinach (fluffed, not packed)
• 3 tsp. Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip Blend
• 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
• Dash of Olive Oil
• Dash of Apple Cider Vinegar
1.Preheat Skillet Med-High Heat.
2. Cut tomatoes in half, lightly sprinkle with 1tsp of Veggie Dip Blend.
3. Toss Chickpeas in skillet, sprinkle 1 tsp Veggie blend on semi Olive Oil coated chickpeas sauté for a minute or so.
4. In a small bowl combine and mix remaining 1tsp of Veggie Dip blend with 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt.
5. Toss in red onion and artichokes.
6. In a small/medium bowl place bed of spinach.
7. Let simmer for another minute or so… throw in a dash of the SECRET WEAPON: Apple Cider Vinegar!
8. Toss in cherry tomatoes, let set for a minute or less.
9. Pull from burner, toss chickpea/veggie combo on top of bed of spinach.
10. Drippity Drop on your Feta Cheese + add a dollop of Veggie Dip and enjoy!