This salad is a loaded nutrient based salad with very few ingredients and #flavorful!
Yield: 4 – 6 (Depending)
• 1 bag of Baby Kale
• 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
• 1 can of chickpeas
• 1 1/2 TBS of Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
• 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
• 3 tsps of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip or 1 Veggie Dip Packet
• (a touch of almond milk in notes)
In rice cooker or stove top, cook your quinoa as directed. In a bowl combine Plain greek yogurt with 2 tsps of Gnarly Pepper Veggie Dip. Clean and rinse baby Kale, pat dry with paper towel, place in large bowl. Strain and rinse the chickpeas. In a medium skillet at medium/high heat, toss in chickpeas. Season chickpeas with 1 tsp of veggie dip blend – let stand for a few minutes and add in 1 1/2 TBS of Balsamic Vinegar, stir – remove from heat.
In your large bowl, toss in cooked quinoa and chickpeas, toss. Dollop Veggie Dip/Greek mix throughout the bowl as you mix, get a nice spread. (See side note). Salt and pepper to taste, top with parmesan cheese!
• In a shaker, you can toss in veggie Dip and Plain greek yogurt with a touch of almond milk to thin it out for more of a ‘dressing’ –might have to add a touch more Veggie Dip in, use to taste.
• Let quinoa and chickpeas cool if you’d like.