Gnarly Pepper teamed up with long-time Sioux City Company, Palmer’s Candy to create a tailgating recipe for this fall season! Palmer’s Candy has extended its Candy shoppe by caring unique specialty foods, including our very own; Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip and Veggie Dip!
We are featured on page 53 of the Fall Being Better in Siouxland Magazine.
Photo credit: Mark Karrer
Yield: 8-10 (tailgate style)
• 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin (shredded) with Bad Byron’s Butt Rub
• 1 Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip Tear Packet (OR 4 tsp of Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip from the pouch)
• 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt (any brand)
• 1/4 cup Koinzan honey
• 2 tablespoons dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or a blend)
• 1 (16 ounce) jar Elki blackberry jam
• Stockyard’s Smokey Sweet BBQ sauce to taste
• Gourmet Gardens Bread and Butter Pickles
• Salt and pepper
• 8-12 Hawaiian Sweet Buns
1. Season the pork tenderloin on all sides with Bad Byron’s Butt Rub and place the tenderloin into a slow cooker
2. Spoon in the Elki blackberry jam, 1/4 cup Koinzan honey, and 2 tablespoons of red wine over the pork. Set the cooker to Low, and cook until very tender, 4 to 5 hours.
3. While that cooks, mix 1 Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip tear packet with 1 cup of Plain Greek yogurt. Set aside in fridge.
4. Once done, shred port with forks
5. To serve, spread a good amount of Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip on the Hawaiian buns, add shredded tenderloin and top with a dash of Stockyard’s Smokey BBQ sauce and Gourmet Gardens Bread and Butter Pickles!
In Palmer’s Store:
Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip
Elki blackberry jam (16oz preferred)
Stockyard’s Smokey Sweet BBQ sauce
Gourmet Gardens Bread and Butter Pickles