So you’ve set a pork shoulder out again, let it thaw and think, Damn — Guess we’ll just eat this pork on a bun….AGAIN! Fear not, there are other ways to enjoy that stress free slow cooker pork! We say, its ‘NO Poblano!’ Check it out!
• 6 tsps of Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip
• 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
• 1 3-4lb pork roast
• 1 can of beer (traditional domestic is just fine)
• 4 poblano peppers (cut in half — 2 extra for a few seconds)
• 1 cup fresh cilantro (loosely packed)
• 6-8 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
• Olive oil (we used a spicy garlic)
Place roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle 2tsp of Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip on top and pour in beer. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. (shred with fork.)
Poblano Peppers: Pre-heat oven at 425º. Coat Poblanos peppers (whole) with Olive oil , — Roast for 30-45mintutes turning poblanos with tongs every 15mins until charred a bit. (you can grill as well, 20mins or so). Let cool a bit, and slice in half.
Mix 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt with 4tsp of Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip Gather cilantro leaves.
To serve: Place a poblano pepper half on your plate, inside facing up. Place your piece of cheese down, top with pulled pork. Dollop Gnarly Pepper Onion Mix on top with Cilantro!
NOTE: a great side would be a mexi-style quinoa!