Date nights are so special and we love them to-no-end. When Sara, founder of Gnarly Pepper, cooks for her fiancé, she tries to get that ‘date night’ vibe every time. This is a perfect go-to to blow the socks off your loved one. The best part? It incorporates all 3 of our blends (with strawberry salad and potatoes)!
Yield: 2 (maybe 3 for your third-wheel-friend)
• 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
• 2 T. Truffle oil (or any flavored OV)
• 2 T. Pad Thai Sauce (or Hoisin Sauce)
• 3 tsp Gnarly Pepper Onion
1. Prep marinade, marinate steak (both sides), place in fridge for 5+ Hours.
2. Heat skillet med- high heat, add dripple-drobble of OV (if it turns out heart shaped, high-five!), Place prepped flank in skillet, toss in shallots. Sizzle for 5-6 minutes, then flip, and other 4-5 (TOTALLY depending on your steaks thickness — cook to your liking!) Place on cutting board, slice and enjoy!!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 1TBS oil and Gnarly Pepper Veggie Blend. Toss ingredients to fully coat potatoes.
3. Place on a baking tray and bake until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes. (I like mine a little burnt)
4. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Suggested Sauce: 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with 3 tsp of Like Mayo (more of a horseradish flavor)
Strawberry salad in bottom right of video found here!