Who can pass up a Deviled Egg on Easter? Not only are our Deviled Eggs healthier, they are unique with the Onion Dip Blend added. A bold flavor for an amazing crowd favorite.
Yield: 12 deviled egg halves
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (any brand)
- 1 tsp Gnarly Pepper Like Mayo (add more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp Gnarly Pepper Onion Dip Blend (add more if you prefer)
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped chives to garnish (or paprika for color)
- Hard boil, cool, and peel eggs*
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks. Place yolks in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add Plain Greek Yogurt, GP Like Mayo, yellow mustard, vinegar, GP Onion Dip Blend and pepper. Continue mixing and mashing with a fork until smooth and creamy. Let stand for 10-15mins for GP dehydrated onions to soften a bit.
- Spoon yolk mixture back into the egg white shells. Sprinkle with chopped chive for a garnish. Store in an airtight container or on a plate wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
*Perfect egg from Six Sisters’ Stuff:
1. Place your eggs in a large pot (the bigger the better so that they aren’t bumping into each other and cracking). Fill the pot with enough water that the eggs are at least 1 inch below the surface of the water. Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the water (the sodium bicarbonate will help the eggs separate from their shells, which makes them so easy to peel) and place the pot (uncovered) on the stove.
2. Turn the heat to high and let the water come to a full rolling boil. Once there, let the eggs boil for one minute (I usually set a timer). After the 1 minute is up, remove the pot from the heat, place a lid on top, and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes (you will want to set a timer for this one too!).
3. Once the time is up, remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl. Fill the bowl with ice and cold water. Let the eggs sit in the ice water (full submerged) for 5 minutes. At this time, you can either remove the shells immediately or but the eggs in the fridge and peel them as you need them. The shells should come off very easily and your yolk will be beautiful (with no green/grey hue around the edges!).