Certainly not our healthiest dish, but DAMN who doesn’t like burnt cheddar!!?
Yield: 6 to 8
Seeing Like Mayo in a new way!
• 1/3 of a 2lb block of Sharp Cheddar Cheese – largely grated
• 1 pound of hamburger – browned
• large Tortillas (# depends on spreading / The video above used 8)
• packet of taco seasoning
• 8 tsps of Gnarly Pepper™ Like Mayo blend
• 2 cups of plain greek yogurt
1. Heat skillet on high and toss in a bundle of cheddar, keep an eye on it to be able to tell when it is time to ‘flip’. Repeat until the cheese is gone. Let cheddar cool.
2. Mix 8 tsps of Gnarly Pepper Like Mayo with 2 cups of plain greek yogurt – Set aside.
3. Dice/ Chop up burnt cheddar into small bits and stir in with Like Mayo mix.
4. Brown hamburger with taco seasoning – let cool.
5. Lay out tortillas, spread Burnt Cheddar/ Like Mayo mix all around the tortilla, sprinkle hamburger on top of that and roll up nice and tight.
6. Slice roll and set aside and repeat!
These bites can be made in advance. Feel free to stack rolls with wax paper in between layers.
The key to this recipe is the ‘reheating’:
Toaster oven: place rolls in at 450ºF — KEEP AN EYE ON THEM!
Conventional oven: Pre-heat broil oven on 375ºF and let bake for 5mins -AGAIN, KEEP AN EYE ON THEM!
**The burnt cheddar will want to remelt brining out mounds of flavor, and the hamburger will intermix with those flavors creating nice burg roll that will satisfy any snacky roll-lovers tastebuds.